Due to some of the reasons, WordPress users experience the loss of website data. Although many of them are not aware of the website database’s backup, even some hosting service providers offer backup and encounter the loss of important files regarding their websites. But today, there are many website backup automation tools and made it easy to backup website databases easily. So, you can backup your website either manually or automatically and notify you of every schedule of a backup. Let’s e see the list of automation tools that offers a complete website backup.
Free Website Backup Automation Tools
Here is a list of free website backup software and automation tools to help you assist with regular and ongoing backups.
1. UpdraftPlus | Best Free Website Backup Automation Tool
The best free website backup automation tool and preferred by many online businesses is UpdraftPlus. More than 2 million websites now use this app, as it allows the users to create a backup and store the website data in the cloud. It supports scheduled backups and on-demand backups to your websites. UpdraftPlus offers us an option to save what files you need to backup and automatically backup your field to dropbox, Google Drive, S3, other cloud storage. From your WordPress website panel, it allows you to restore backups directly.
- It has Incremental backups
- Easily duplicates or migrates the website data
- Compatible to Multi-Site/multi-network
- Backup for non-WP files and databases to multiple remote destinations
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations
- Database encryption
- Advanced reporting
- Supports WP-CLI
- Free dedicated expert support
- Free Version is available
- For personal, 2 licenses- $70/year
- For business, 10licenses – $95/year
- For Agency 35 licenses – $145/year
- For Enterprise, unlimited licenses $195/year
- For Gold, unlimited licenses+ $399/year
2.Duplicator | Free Website Backup Automation Tool
If you’re likely to transfer the entire website data from one place to another, Duplicator is a perfect choice. It does the job for free and even helps quickly duplicate, move, clone, and transfer the entire site. All you want to perform the task is a bit of technical knowledge, and the free version doesn’t allow the users to schedule backups. For scheduling backups with Duplicator, you must go for the premium version. For backups of specific sections and manual backups are free of charge.
- Works with multiple sites and subsites
- Fast package engine can handle large sites
- Choose backup limits to avoid maximum storage
- Select the directories, files, and more to save with a great protection
- Use existing databases or build new ones
- Overwrite old sites with a click
- Simple single archive bundles
- Receive email notifications
- Available free version
- For the pro version, Personal costs $69/year with 3 site licenses
- For freelancer version, costs $89/year with 15 site licenses
- For business, $149/year with unlimited site licenses
- For Gold costs $499/year with unlimited site licenses
The Best Website Backup Automation Tools
These are some of the best and premium website backup tools that can help you restore specific site backups.
3. VaultPress | Best Website Automation Tool for Site Backup
VaultPress is the best website automation tool for a real-time backup service that backups all your content and restores automatically. To keep your system safe, it will scan your entire device on a daily basis and clean the unusual data. VaultPress will keep secure your site all the time and also manage any change in bad files along with sending you a notification. Most probably, it is the most useful to fix issues by scanning to keep the data safe.
- Monitor the Vaultpress activity in real-time
- Scan your entire site
- Restore backups automatically
- Review and fix vulnerabilities
- Browse your entire history backup
- Can download any backup
- Rely on WordPress experts
- For daily backup ₹416.67/month
- For security daily ₹1560/month
- For complete ₹6240/month
- For security real-time ₹3000/month
- For backup real-time ₹2083/month
- For scan ₹416.67/month
- For Anti-Spam ₹416.67/month
- For site search $350/month
- For CRM Entrepreneur $17/month
4. BackUpBuddy | Best Website Backup Software Solution
The best website backup software solution that protects around half a million websites is BackupBuddy. From your dashboard, you can backup the entire website with just a few clicks. In BackupBuddy, you can send your backup files to a secure remote location and also allows you to schedule automatic backups. It will restore all your files quickly and keep them safe. It has unique features that optimize your database and even can direct to an offline storage location. On the whole, it is a secure and straightforward website backup software.
- Complete WordPress website backup
- Scheduled and automatic backups
- Store WordPress backups off-site
- Restore your WordPress site
- Customize backup contents
- Downloadable backup zip files
- Scheduled backups
- Store backup files remotely
- Instant email notifications
- Individual WordPress file restore
- WordPress database rollback
- Complete WordPress website restore
- Exclude files/database tables
- Database scan and repair
- For unlimited backup sites, the Gold premium version costs $130/year for 5GB backup storage
- For a freelancer, backup up to 10 sites costs $83/year
- For a blogger, backup 1 site costs $52/year
5. BoldGrid Backup | Best Website Backup Automation Software
The WordPress provider, Boldgrid Backup, is a website builder and automated backup application. It will create website backups and restore them with great protection. It allows you to use it even when switching hosts and with one click, you can Backup automatically or manually. BoldGrid Backup has various features that will enable an automatic backup facility to the users before the site updates. If any failure occurs in the update, it automatically rolls back to the WordPress site. BoldGrid protects your site from update errors and restores to any remote storage locations.
- Easy automated backups
- Remote backup to S3 and Google drive
- Safe and consistent backups
- Monitors the site errors
- Automated site protection
- Automated WordPress updates
- Easy site migration
- Fix crashed websites
- Can search your files easily
Pricing: All-in-one on-site backup management if billed annually, costs $2.50/month with automated backups. Join for free to experience WordPress performance and website speed.
6. Blogvault | Best Website Backup Software Tool
For regular website backup and storage facilities with easy access, Blogvault is one of the best tools. If you’re likely to manage multiple websites, then BlogVault has multiple options for multiple backup websites. The restoring process with Blogvault is simple and, if necessary, capable of booting 70% more recovery times. It can test your site and update it and migrate to new servers, domains, and hosts without any worry. Blogvault is more suitable for online businesses as it can protect all customer data and orders.
- Daily scheduled backups
- Unlimited on-demand backups
- Complete WordPress backups
- All Database and WordPress files
- Up to 90 days of backup history
- Intelligent backups that sync only incremental changes to minimize the load on your website’s server.
- Can access Backup anytime
- Secure encrypted backups
Pricing: For small business up to 5 sites backup
- Basic website backup $7.4/month for the annual bill payment
- Plus Version – $12.4/month with website backup and security
- Advanced real-time backup and security $20.75/month
7. BackWPup | Best Website Backup and Recovery Automation
If you want to backup all your website information, then BackWPup will meet all your requirements. It saves your site and accompanying files by sending them to external storage services like FTP, S3 services, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This app’s primary functions are it can repair the content if any error is available in it. The plugin will help you to optimize your database and also can send backups to your email. For further protection and security, go for the premium plan of this app.
- Backup Data
- Export WordPress XML
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Optimize Database
- Check and repair Database
- File backup in different formats like zip, tar, tar.gz format (needs gz, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to the directory, FTP server, Dropbox, S3. Azure, RackSpace cloud, etc.
- Send logs and backups by email
- Multi-site support only as a network admin
- Restore your backups with just a few clicks from your WordPress backend.
- Encrypt backup archives and restore from encrypted backups.
- Available for free of cost
- The premium charges for the standard version one WordPress installation $69/year
- For businesses, $199/year with 5 WordPress installations
- Developer $199/year for 10 WordPressx installations
- Supreme- $279/year for 25 WordPress installations
- Agency – $349/year for 100 WordPress installations
8. XCloner | Best Website Backup and Recovery Automation Tool
XCloner is a different tool from all backup automation tools as it is a free WordPress plugin provider. It is available for free of cost with the inclusion of cloud storage and encryption for your backup as many other backup automation tools charge for it. XCloner is with a simple design and easy to backup your website and secures it. You can migrate and roll back your website with XCloner easily.
- Full or differential backups
- Automatic backups
- Military-grade,GDPR- Compliant encryption
- Site sync, migration, and rollback
- Personalized data compression
- Free cloud backup storage
- Flexible retention policies
- Lightning-fast – CLI
- Free of cost
- For advanced features, contact the vendor for a pricing plan and decide.
9. WP Database Backup | Best Website Automatic Software
You can set up an automatic schedule backup and download them with a WordPress dashboard with WP Database Backup. It will send reports to your emails and at the same time save the backup files to Dropbox, S3 services, FTP, Google Drive, and other cloud storage services. You can backup your data by keeping with the date and also search the backup file with a date or file name based on your convenience. It shows the results very quickly, and it is a user-interface program.
Features: You can schedule your website automatic backup and also can download it
- Database Backup easily with a single click.
- Restore Database Backup easily with a single click.
- Store database backup on cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, FTP, Email.
- Search and Replace.
Pricing: Available for free of cost with manual or automated backups
10.Keep Backup Daily | Best Website Backup and Recovery Automation Software
Keep Backup Daily is the best website backup and recovery automation software tool. It allows the users to backup all your website database with protection and sends an email to you. If you want to know the backup services to your site with Keep Backup Daily software, you go to settings and put it daily, weekly, or monthly backup options to send email to your up to date regarding your backups.
- My SQL Database backup
- Receive database backup in the email box
- The backup date and time can be logged
- Backup intervals can be set with jobs
- Database field section and tables is a premium feature
Pricing: Available for free of cost and premium plan is available for cheap to experience various functions.
11. WP Time Capsule | Best Website Backup Tool
For a full site backup, WP Time Capsule is the best website backup tool. The main purpose of this app is to reduce the time to backup and store the full website database. Whatever changes you made to a website, WP Time Capsule will automatically change and backup it within minutes. With only one click, you can restore your site and can make edits and updates. Using a staging feature, you can easily experience all these edits and store them in real-time in this app.
- Schedule your backups and also automatically backup your websites daily.
- WP Time Capsule allows choosing specific files and databases.
- No longer have to keep watch on the backup status or be forced to backup default files when you can select what files you want to backup.
- WP Time Capsule access to control over the storage of your website’s data backup.
- A backup solution of your own that increases the trust factor for your clients
- A full and featured version is available with a free trial for 30 days.
- The business version starts from $49 per year for 2 sites.
- For a freelancer, $99/year with 10 sites
- For Agency, $199/year for unlimited sites
The list of best website backup automation tools is mentioned in the articles, as they offer a complete WordPress backup. Even these tools help your site for a full database backup with different features it provides to us. These tools had a history of managing millions of websites across the world. It is effortless to use and also offers incremental, differential, scheduling backups to the WordPress plugins. It provides a fully automatic backup and backup encryption and transports the data to other cloud storage options. Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive are the three recommended third-party sites to store your database. It’s time to pick the automation tool that meets your requirements.