Creating and managing a website is easy in this digital world, and WordPress is the best content management tool. It makes blogs, websites to provide online services to the customers quickly. Here, the biggest issue is security for your data, and there are many ways to hack your site and lose your business’s control. We have some evidence that the websites got hacked or lost the information and to prevent this website backup is crucial.
Why Should You Use Website Backup Plugins and Tools for WordPress
Managing a website after creating it for online services is easy in this digital era, and WordPress is the best content management tool. It makes blogs, websites to provide online services to the customers quickly. Here, the biggest issue is security for your data, and there are many ways to hack your site and lose your business’s control. We have some evidence that the websites got hacked or lost the information and to prevent this website backup is crucial.
How to Choose the Best Free Website Backup Plugins and Tool for WordPress?
No matter the business size, a website backup is essential to keep it safe to work for your organization effectively. Are you likely to invest in the best website backup tool, and you may feel tricky to pick the right one? Don’t worry; there are few things to notice before selecting a website backup. They are nothing but backup methods and backup locations. Database backup, complete backup, and scheduled backup are the three options to consider according to your requirement, and cloud storage location is worthy of storing all your data.
Best Free Website Backup Plugins and Tools for WordPress of 2022
Here is a comprehensive list of some of the best and free backup plugins and solutions for your WordPress blog and websites.
1. UpdraftPlus | Free Website Backup Plugins and Tools
One of the most popular- free website backup plugins and Tools is UpdraftPlus for WordPress. It is the most recommended backup solution as it can backup your files to Amazon S3 services along with online cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dream Objects, Rackspace Cloud, and Dropbox. With the help of an FTP transfer, you can backup your files to the server as it entirely depends on your choice. UpdraftPlus plugin is to restore the backup and also can set up automatic backup schedules.
- Restores, as well as backing up
- It can backup to more cloud options than any others
- It allows you to set up automatic backup schedules and ultimate for your convenience
- It is faster and using up fewer server resources
- It has been tested on over 3 million sites
- Free Version is available
- For personal, 2 licenses- $70/year
- For business, 10licenses – $95/year
- For Agency 35 licenses – $145/year
- For Enterprise, unlimited licenses $195/year
- For Gold, unlimited licenses+ $399/year
2. WP-DBManager | Free Website Backup Plugins and Tools for WordPress
It allows you to backup your website database, and send them to your email-id. WP-DBManager is a free website backup plugins and tools that enables users to backup the media files. If you haven’t updated the WordPress yet, this plugin is the solution to backup your database. It allows the users to backup website data manually as it does not offer automatic backup schedules. In case, if you don’t want to take the risk of handling data, it is not the right one for you.
- The details of your data and tables name with the index usage and can find out which table is using tons of records.
- You can find out which one of your plugins is adding too many records in your WordPress database.
- You can backup your data from your blog.
- Manage Backup DB with a number of backups of the data and can also download them.
- Optimize DB will let you optimize the database of your blog.
- Repair DB can quickly repair your database.
- Empty Drop tables can empty the records of any table or simply remove the table from your database.
- From any existing plugin, it is easy to remove the log entries like example Redirection or 404 plugins.
- You have to disable the plugin table.
- SQL Query is used when you need to run right from your WordPress dashboard, SQL query will let you run the query.
- On how often your blog database should be backed up can be configured, optimized, and repaired automatically.
- Available for free
- For advanced features select a premium plan and for more details contact the vendor
3. BackUpWordPress | Free Website Backup Plugins for WordPress
If you’re looking for a free website backup plugin for WordPress, BackupWordPress is the best solution. Including files and databases will back up your entire website data and the most trusted plugin. The backup data will always store in your server, and it does not require any setup but works on a lowkey. The advantage of using BackupWordPress is it can backup the website database directly from your system to the server.
- It provides the entire backup to the site.
- Works well even on low memory
- Suitable for a shared host environment.
- Supports for different languages.
- Provides good support
- Easy to use
Pricing: Available for free of cost for limited storage space and advanced features contact the vendor to decide the premium plan that meets your business requirements.
4. WP Time Capsule | Free Website Backup Tools for WordPress
It is a quite different WordPress plugin when compared to others and all your data is said to be stored in cloud storage locations. WP Time Capsule will support cloud storage like Amazon S3 services, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Wasabi as well as it is a free website backup tool for WordPress. It allows the users to change the backup time period for 6 hours or 12 hours or days as they want.
- It backs up and restores files
- Can modify the files and database
- The backups are compressed and zipped.
- Restoration time is less.
- Available free-trial for 30days and can manage 2 websites.
- For the agency plan, $199/year for unlimited sites.
- For a freelancer, $99/year for 10 websites
- For business purposes, $49/year for 2 sites.
5. WPBackItUp | Free Website Backup for WordPress
WPBackItUp is a free website backup for WordPress that backups all your entire website no matter its size. From a WordPress dashboard, it will efficiently and quickly create a compressed backup and can download them. Unlimited backups, professional support, status email notifications, and backup cancellation were some of the additional features it offers. You can set up automated scheduled backups with this plugin and also can import them.
- Easy to use
- With just one click need to backup
- Easy to set up
- Simple & easy to understand
- Fast backup of the entire site
- Unlimited backups
- Supports large sites
- Can download your data after backup
- Backups can cancel at any time you want
- Can customize the data to backup that you want
- After every backup, the status notifications will be sent to you through email
- Can works in less memory
- Can share the hosting environments
- Can works on all WordPress platforms such as Linux, Azure, and Windows.
- Complete backup like database, themes, plugins, uploads, media files, etc.
- To save the disk space can compressed backup in zip format
- Customized backup retention and so you can keep the backups that you want
- It is tested and supported on WordPress 3.8 and above
- Professional support
- Available for free of cost
- For one website and unlimited backup $79/year
- For 5 websites and unlimited backup $99/year
- For 20 websites and unlimited backup $199/year
6. WP Database Backup | Free WordPress Backup Plugins and Tools
WP Database Backup is the best and free WordPress Backup Plugin and Tool for an entire website backup. It can create a backup of your database with a single click and offers an auto backup schedule in a repeating mode. You can download your backup data easily, and it is simple to use a WordPress plugin. It supports different cloud storage locations, and it requires minimal configurations.
- Create Database Backup
- Backup automatically
- Download backup file from WordPress
- Easy To Install and use
- Simple to configure and it is within a minute.
- Can restore Database Backup with a single tap.
- Has multiple storage destinations
- Support Dropbox, FTP, Amazon s3, Email, as well as Google Drive to store data.
- Sends emailed backups
- Exclude the table
- Database backup list pagination
- Search and Replace in database backup file.
- Sort the backup list
- Save database backup file in the form of zip format on the local server
- Send database backup file to the destination in zip format
Pricing: Available for free of cost.for limited storage space. To experience more features consult the vendor.
7. BackWPup | Free Backup Plugins and Tools
For a free backup plugin and tool for your website backup, BackWPup is the best solution. It is one of the popular applications that allows external backup services for your website data. BackWPup allows the users to save the website data to the server when they choose to store it on the server with FTP. You can optimize, check, and repair all your databases with BackWPup.
- Database Backup
- WordPress XML Export
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Backups in different forms like zip, tar, tar.gz format (needs gz, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to the directory
- Store backup files to FTP server (needs FTP), dropbox, s3, Azure, Amazon Glacier, Rackspace cloud, etc.
- Send logs and backups by email
- Multi-site support only as a network admin
- Can restore your backups with just only a few clicks
- Encrypt backup archives and restore from encrypted backups.
- For a standard version, $69/month for one WordPress installations
- For the business version, $119/year for 5 WordPress installations
- Developer, $199/year with 10 WordPress installations
- The Supreme version costs $279/year for 25 WordPress installations
- Agency $349/year for 100WordPress installations
8. Revisr | Free Website Backup and Recovery Tool
Revisr is a free website backup and recovery tool that allows to backup the entire website data. It is easy to manage that built with a simple user interface, and with one click, you can backup your website data. It will automatically backup your data once made any changes in the documents or on the website. It has the facility to set up automatic backups daily, weekly, monthly as per your requirement.
- Built with simplicity and so all of its key functions will work with few clicks.
- Without leaving your site, you can pull down updates from GitHub or Bitbucket or toggle between branches.
- Revisr will automatically detect the changes in files using Git and gives a snapshot of your website’s changes.
- From your WordPress dashboard, you can view diffs for modified files straight.
- Sometimes things go wrong and nothing to worry about, Revisr will be there that helps you easily revert your changes.
- To have a backup of your site, commit right before a plugin upgrade or while testing changes otherwise something wrong will happen.
Pricing: Contact the vendor for pricing plans to experience more functions and for great storage space for your business.
9. Dropbox | Free Website Backup Plugin Strategy
Dropbox is a free and popular website backup & online storage plugin. You can easily backup the entire data of your website with this plugin. It is open-source software so that you can backup and download all the website data whenever you want. It is best for PDF’s, Excel documents, Text documents to store within it. It offers free, pro, and business accounts to keep with protection.
- Device Syncing
- Web Interface
- File Type Support
- Mobile Apps
- File following
- File Sharing
- Simultaneously Editing
- Change Tracking / Audit Logs
- User and Role Management
- Single Sign-On
- Policies and Controls
- Device Management
- Storage Limits
- Available for free and offers a free trial for your professional purposes.
- For individuals, Dropbox plus costs $9.99/month
- For individual professional, costs $16.58/month
- For a standard team, it costs $12.50/month
- Advanced features $20/month per user
10. BackUpBuddy | Free Backup Plugins and Tools for WordPress Website
From your WordPress dashboard, you can be easily backup your entire data with BackupBuddy, and it will happen with few clicks. It allows you to backup automatically with a setup of daily, weekly, or monthly schedules. It has unique features so that you can optimize and repair your database. You can send your backup data to a secure remote location that supports online cloud storage.
- Continuously updates backup files to reflect most recent changes and updates.
- The ability to store large amounts of data or scale capacity to fit storage needs.
- Provides remote access dashboards designed to manage and store data from familiar applications.
- Keeps track of incrementally changing versions of the same content, data, and files.
- The ability to back up different devices such as computers
- Backup support for multiple, different software as a service (SaaS) applications
- The ability to store multiple types of file formats or convert files to the proper format.
- Gives users the ability to access or send backup files stored online.
- The ability to set standards for asset and risk management.
- Provides some level of encryption of data in transit and sensitive data while it lives online.
- To backup unlimited sites, the gold version costs $130/year
- To a freelancer, $83/year for backup 10 sites
- For a blogger, it costs $52/year and allows to backup one site.
The list of free website backup plugins and WordPress tools offers an entire website backup solution as these are very popular and recommended plugins. They backup all your website data automatically and manually at the same time when you make any changes in the website, it will change directly. You can set up website backup on a daily basis, or weekly, or monthly with the plugins mentioned-above in the list. Some of the plugins offer a premium version with extra features if you want to select those, then go for a free trial and analyze the features according to your needs.